Receiver Hitch (2", Class III) for G-Class w/Factory Fuel Tank Skid Plate
The CURT class 3 trailer hitch is the most common type of trailer hitch installed on full-size pickup trucks and SUVs. It is also found on full-size cars, crossover SUVs, minivans and mid-size trucks. That is because the class 3 packs the punch of a heavyweight hitch while still staying light on its feet. This CURT class 3 hitch offers a gross trailer weight capacity of 4,000 lbs. and a comparable tongue weight capacity of 400 lbs. It is designed to be a custom-fit trailer hitch for certain years of the Mercedes G550 (including G55 AMG) (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). It comes with all necessary hardware for a complete installation.
The 2" x 2" receiver tube opening of this class 3 hitch is able to accept a hitch-mounted accessory, such as a bike rack or cargo carrier, or a ball mount to tow most standard size trailers, including utility trailers, single-horse livestock trailers, boat trailers and large campers (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component).
CURT class 3 trailer hitches are engineered to be strong and capable, having a quality steel frame and a solid finish. They are put through strenuous testing before being deemed ready for market and come with two coatings -- a liquid Bonderite coating and a powder coat in high-gloss black -- that cure together to form a strong resistance against rust, scratching, UV damage and other wear. Our hitches are our pride, and as such, we back them up with a limited lifetime warranty and a one-year finish warranty.
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for the Mercedes-Benz G550 and G55 for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- UPC: 612314005772
- 4,000 Lb. rating
- 400 Lb. trailer tongue rating
- Made in USA
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities
- Requires drilling and trimming of crash foam
- Install time 40-60 min with the right tools
- Includes installation hardware
- G550, G55 years 2010 to date. Requires factory fuel tank skid plate which all G trucks come with from 2010 on.
- See installation instructions here: https://assets.curtmfg.com/masterlibrary/13010/installsheet/CM_13010_INS.PDF
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE
We're thinking your G-Wagen could use a lift. The THOR Motorworks coil springs were designed to improve aesthetics an...
The CURT class 3 trailer hitch is the most common type of trailer hitch installed on full-size pickup trucks and SUVs...
The Hutchinson wheels are legendary in military Gelandewagen, these wheels are true beadlock and are also true ...
Front Runner Outfitters Gelandewagen W461 Drawer System for the rear cargo area is a great way to maximize efficiency...
$1,847.00$1,616.00Front Runner Drawer System - G-Wagen $1,847.00$1,616.00