Roof Access Ladder
Well built and sturdy
Posted by Daurie Schwartz on 19th Jun 2015
I just installed this ladder on our 2014 g wagon. Its a well built sturdy unit. The toe bar does a better job of keeping you from kicking the back of the vehicle than I thought it would. All the mounts are very sturdy and secure. Getting the bottom attachment in place and lined up was not a problem but definitely take your time. I did install additional washers between the bumper bracket and ladder support to get the lower frame of the ladder a little more centered on the tail light. There isn't much room between the door and the tail light so here again patience pays off.
The VTS Roof Access Ladder is similar to the factory Mercedes PUR 30 ladder but attaches to the roof gutter and not to a specific roof rack. This allows you to use any rack or none at all with this ladder. The ladder provides a safer access to the roof of the vehicle to access the roof rack or roof mounted tents. This ladder is designed with a center bar to add to the rigidity and to protect the paint on your truck from being scratched from shoe tips while ascending the ladder.
The lower ladder mount is fastened directly to the vehicle frame next to the OE bumper bracket. At the top the ladder clamps to the roof gutter without the need to drill any holes.
Fits all LWB & SWB W460/461 & W463 Gwagen models with a single rear door, please select correct button for your year/model. There are small differences between models.
- Easy roof top access
- Direct bolt-on item, no holes to drill
- Light weight and sturdy
- Made from CNC bent tubular steel, notched and MIG welded
- Powder coated black with a slight texture and slightly satin finish
- All hardware is stainless steel and metric to match the vehicle
- Includes industral grade foam cushion to protect the gutter from damage from contact
- Wiring for a work lamp and other roof top lighting can be routed through the tubes
- Includes a "Kick Bar" to keep shoes from accidentally scratching the body
- Does not iterfere with tail lights or rear compartment access on W460/461 with rear fuel filler neck
- German designed and engineered
- G55 and G63 models with tail light guards cannot be used in conjunction with the ladders. The ladder and light guards occupy the same space. In order for the ladder to be fitted the AMG light guards must be removed and for the models up to 2011 must purchase separately a G500 bumper bracket. As the AMG bumper brackets must do not fit with the ladder and need to be sold with the light brackets. For G550 models 2009 and later these will require a separate bracket that is provided with the ladder for that model year.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE
FREE SHIPPING IN THE LOWER 48 STATES! If you want this item shipped outside of the lower 48, please contact us for a ...
$1,455.60$1,105.00Front Runner Roof Rack for G-Wagen - Slimline II $1,455.60$1,105.00
The Rockmeister Steel Rear Off Road Bumper is a heavy duty replacement for the fiberglass bumpers that come with the ...Off Road Rear Bumper $2,130.00
VTS Rockmeister Baja Utility Rack provides a mounting surface for varous tools, fuel storage etc. for the Mercedes Gw...Baja Side Utility Rack $415.00
The G-wagen Rockmeister™ is a heavy duty rock slider / rock rail that provides protection for the expensiv...G-Wagen Rocksliders $820.00