Hutchinson Wheels G-Wagen 16" Beadlock Rockmonster Wheels G-Class
The Hutchinson wheels are legendary in military Gelandewagen, these wheels are true beadlock and are also true DOT compliant and street legal in the USA. This is about the most rugged wheel for the G-class trucks.
The additional bolts seen on the edge of the rim is what it means to have a true bead lock. These bolts are not for show, rather pure function to clamp the tire bead between the two wheel portions. This becomes extremely useful to "air-down" or lower the tire pressure to increase the contact area of the tire which dramatically increases off road traction. Airing-down also makes for a much softer ride offroad, where the tires soak up many of the smaller bumps from rocks and crevases. The drawback of airing down on conventional wheels is the lower the air pressure drops the greater the risk of the tire bead coming off the rim, and thus losing hte effectiveness of a tire. At higher speeds this can become dangerous. These wheels allow for zero tire pressure whicl still firmly grasping the tires. It would not be advisable to lower tire pressure on conventional wheels much lower than 18psi, sometimes 12 can be achieved in snow or sand. However with the hutchinsons you may easily lower to 7-10 lbs for most situations and 2-3 lbs for snow, sand and loose mud.
- Military style beadlock
- Colors: Black, Argent Silver, Silver, custom powder coatings*
- Ultra heady duty
- 16" wheels allow for the thickest tire profile for best offroad cushioning
- Wheel Size: 16" X 7.5"
- Offset: ET +37mm (1.46")
- Backspacing: 5.83"
- Mounting Bolt Pattern: 5X130mm
- Hub Bore: 84.6mm (3.329")
- Load Rating: 3,307lb. @ 65psi (1500.0kg @ 4.48 bar)
- Weight: 35.6lb (16.1kg) (about 46 Lbs. with the beadlock)
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Balance Type: 'MC' Clip-On
- W460 (G-Class trucks made from 1979-1989): You need Hutchinson wheels part number WA-0492. You should also purchase one 10mm wheel spacer and install it on the front passenger side wheel to resolve an issue with the tie rod end making slight contact with the inner rim when the wheels are fully articulated.
- W463 (G-Class trucks made from 1990-present): You need Hutchinson wheels part number WA-1873 (same as the WA-1207 with a slightly different cosmetic design on the spokes - see the two illustration images on the thumbnails).
- The offset on these wheels is close to the factory ET of 43 (most 463 Gwagens)
- Part number WA-1873 (and also the currently unavailable WA-1207) is approximately 6 lbs. lighter than the military version.
*Contact us for special powder coating colors, please provide mercedes factory color codes
Three weeks to ship to US addresses. Four weeks to ship internationally. Number of days to deliver domestically via ground shipping service varies depending on location relative to New Jersey. Time to deliver internationally will of course vary depending on location and customs of the country through which the shipment must pass.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE
We're thinking your G-Wagen could use a lift. The THOR Motorworks coil springs were designed to improve aesthetics an...
Contrary to popular (and outdated) belief, the FOX Shocks for the G-Wagen actually DO offer an exceptionally softened...
Front Runner Outfitters Bull Bar and Winch Bumper for Gelandewagen W461 Military trucks. These heavy duty winch...
The THOR Motorworks G10 offroad competition wheel is made exclusively for Mercedes G-Wagon trucks Raceline. Thi...